This week’s collection is a little more light and brief than the last few have been. Enjoy!
- Joy Bennett writes on “all you need is Christ” and the inherent Gnosticism in that idea. I get so excited when other bloggers discover the significance of embodiment and the incarnation!
- One blogger writes on why complementarians as a whole don’t seem to get Rachel Held Evans’ new book. Good thoughts here.
- Melissa of Permission to Live writes a good post on spanking and unconditional love. I resonated a lot with this one, after seeing the detrimental effects of spanking and control tactics in my family.
- I love a good book review that makes me want to read the book and meet the author. This is another of those posts that makes me wish I was Catholic (sort of).
- In honor of All Saints Day (which was yesterday): a great post on the communion of saints.
- Dani writes about depression and recovering from spiritual abuse. So, so good.
- I just found this, but it’s powerful and relevant to recent discussions here. A short story from the Paris Review in 2010. “Virgin,” by April Ayers Lawson. Romance, sexuality, and BJU.
- If you could write the 10 commandments of cooking, what would they be?