Here is a little link round up for you.
I don’t really have a rhyme or reason for this, but that’s okay. You can make one up for me:
Because I feel like it. Because it’s Winds-day. Because Christian Patriarchy is worth reading up on. Because I had coffee this morning. Because getting up early makes me feel productive. Because I have an attractive husband.
Well, maybe I just wanted to say that last one. But it’s still true.
- A new blog, “Rethinking Vision Forum.” Revealing analysis of this attractive and glossy company.
- The Wartburg Watch is an interesting Christian-controversy site. I’m still trying to decide if they’re trying to be the Christian sub-culture tabloids or whistleblower, but they cover a lot. Here’s an article on helicopter parents.
- ThatMom talks about how the philosophies of patriarchy distract Christians from their real calling.
- A Xanga blogger gets a lot of traffic when she realizes that Le Petit Prince has a warning for parents who mistake possession with love. Christian Patriarchy is all about control, folks.
- The logical end of reconstructionism and Christian Patriarchy: an old issue of Reason magazine talks about Gary North’s endorsement of publically stoning sinners. Gary North = intellectual father of reconstructionism, Douglas Wilson, Douglas Phillips, and Bill Gothard. Oh, and the Howard Phillips there is Doug Phillips’ dad. Yup.
- On a lighter note, the funniest thing I’ve read all week: meta domestic disputes become seriously absurd. This woman reminds me of how my sisters and I fight. Maybe. [warning: language.]
Happy Winds-day! Husband and I are heading up to our alma mater this weekend for homecoming, the event-anniversary of our engagement, seeing old friends, and generally having more fun than should be legal.
Oh, and can I brag on my guy? He got into the National Philharmonic Chorale. The end.